T0 rust control in wheat
- Many popular wheat varieties are susceptible to yellow or brown rust or both.
- Fungicides, such as Folicur, that are rapidly taken into the leaf are the most effective at controlling early infections.
- Once established in a crop, rust infections are much more difficult to eradicate requiring higher rates and inevitably greater cost.
- Plus early rust control allows effective targeting of T1 and T2 sprays at more damaging diseases such as Septoria.
What to do
- Check at risk varieties regularly in early spring for disease symptoms.
- If rust is found apply 0.5 L/ha Folicur with your T0 spray.
- Tank-mix with 0.5-1.0 L/ha Bravo 500, if required, to reduce early Septoria infection.
- If mixing with herbicides or PGRs check recommendations carefully.
HGCA variety ratings for rusts
Scores without fungicides, lower scores are more susceptible
Folicur - key benefits
- Extremely effective against all rust diseases plus excellent rate flexibility.
- Patented, advanced formulation allows rapid uptake into the leaf; vital for rust control.
- Plus no blocked filters.
- More flexible than formulated mixtures. Only add chlorothalonil, if needed, at the right rate for each field.